Stealth Core Trainer: Play video games while training your core!
Core body training is an essential part of any fitness routine. What is core body training? Core training is simply performing specific exercises to strengthen the muscles of your core. The core muscles act as stabilizers for the entire body and help the body function more effectively. The core can be described as a muscular box with the abdominals in the front, paraspinals and gluteals in the back, the diaphragm as the roof, and the pelvic floor and hip girdle musculature as the bottom (1).
What are the benefits of core training?
Reduction of low back pain (2,3)
Improved physical appearance (2)
Improvement in everyday activities (2)
Improved balance and stability (2,3)
Prevention of injuries (3)
Possible improved athletic performance (2,4)
Pilates, yoga, and Tai Chi are popular exercises that focus on core strengthening principles. These types of exercises aren't for everyone however for a variety of reasons. I personally find these types of exercises boring! The Stealth Core Trainer is a great core body fitness tool I recently bought online and started using. I enjoy using it because it's fun and easy to use. Simply go to the app in your phone, select a video game, and start playing/working out. You can get a full core body workout in minutes by playing video games (5). I find that if something is fun then it's more likely to stick in the long term. The Stealth system is also great because there are a variety of different games, it's affordable, you can join competitions, and you can track your progress (5). You can easily pick one up at www.trystealth.com
"Find exercises you enjoy and you will more likely stick to it in the long run and achieve your health goals". -Dr. Damien Hansra MD
To find out more ways to get healthy, subscribe, or follow on Instagram & Pinterest please visit:
1. Richardson, C., G. Jull, P. Hodges, and J. Hides. Therapeutic exercise for Spinal Segmental Stabilization in Low Back Pain: Scientific Basis and Clinical Approach. Edinburgh, NY: Churchill Livingstone, 1999.
2. Harvard Health Publishing. The real-world benefits of strengthening your core. The real-world benefits of strengthening your core - Harvard Health. Accessed July 6th 2021.
3. Akuthota, Venu1; Ferreiro, Andrea1; Moore, Tamara2; Fredericson, Michael3Core Stability Exercise Principles, Current Sports Medicine Reports: January 2008 - Volume 7 - Issue 1 - p 39-44.
4. Hung KC, Chung HW, Yu CC, Lai HC, Sun FH. Effects of 8-week core training on core endurance and running economy. PLoS One. 2019;14(3):e0213158. Published 2019 Mar 8.
5. Stealth Body Fitness. Stealth Core Trainer - Get A Lean Strong Core! (trystealth.com). Accessed July 8th, 2021.
As a service to our readers, Smart and Easy Health.com provides access to our library of archived content. Please note the date of last review on all articles. No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician. Also, if you have a medical history or physical limitations always consult with your doctor or qualified therapist prior to engaging in any physical fitness program.
* I have no financial relationship with this product (or any). I just think it's a cool product and can help get people attain their health goals.